Children's Department Assistant Description:
These volunteers assist the Children’s Librarian in the efficient running of the Bella Vista Public Library – Children’s and Teens department. Volunteers help the staff deliver outstanding customer service to our patrons. The following list is an example of some of the duties that volunteers will perform. Other duties may be assigned as needed:
· Cleaning and Shelving books
· Pulling requested books for storytimes
· Assisting with Children's programming, such as Storytime, Summer Reading Events, etc.
· Research projects as assigned
· Create and cut out art projects
· Create displays
· Copying materials
· Provide assistance before and during the program with sign-in and crowd control
· Assist with clean-up after the conclusion of programs.
(Teen volunteers are not permitted to work the circulation desk)
If you are interested in becoming a Bella Vista Public Library volunteer, please fill out the Teen Volunteer for Children's Department application.